Last update August 2019
What is reported here is purely for informative, we try to keep the information up to date but the Visa rules may change without notice. Therefore, in case of doubt, we always recommend consulting the government official website: click here. In any case, we remain at your disposal for any further clarifications.
According to the nationality of the passport holder and length of stay in Thailand, there are two options available:
- Visa exemption
- Tourist Visa
Passport holders from 64 countries (*) are allowed to enter Thailand without a Visa. They are granted to stay a maximum of 30 days if they are entering Thailand via an international airport or entering through a land border checkpoint from neighboring countries.
(*) Check countries entitled to exemption Visa: click here
- The visit is strictly for tourism purposes;
- They must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 30 days. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling over land out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, (including en-route to Singapore) and Myanmar may be accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
IMPORTAN NOTE: The exemption is granted for a maximum of two times in a calendar year entering Thailand by land or sea. There is no limitation when entering in Thailand by plane (international airport).
Extension of stay with Visa exemption
Traveler can extend the stay in Thailand for up to 30 days. In this case the traveler must go to the nearest Immigration Office before the deadline (date indicated in the passport stamp at your entrance in Thailand). Visa exemption fee is THB 1,900=.
Thailand Tourist Visa
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes.
Tourist Visa is required for a stay longer than 30 days. In this case, before arriving in Thailand, traveler must apply for a Tourist Visa (*) at Thai embassies or consulates.
- Original Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from arrival date;
- Full filled and signed Visa Application Form and two recent photos passport size;
- Copy of the applicant’s passport;
- Flight Itinerary (it's advisable NOT purchase your air ticket until your visa is approved);
- Hotel Reservation or Invitation Letter from the person who provides accommodation stating period of stay and full address of the accommodation. Signed copy of the accommodation provider’s identity card is also required.
Tourist Visa is valid for a period up to 6 months from the date of issue.
Period of stay
Upon arrival, travelers with Tourist Visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days
Extension of stay
Traveler with Tourist Visa who wants to extend his stay in Thailand must go to the nearest Immigration Office before the Visa expires.
- Application Form TM.7 (application must be made in person);
- Copy of applicant’s passport;
- Recently-taken - not older than 6 months - passport size photo (4 x 6 cm.);
- THB 1,900 in cash (Application fee)
Below the 42 Thailand Border Immigration Checkpoints:
- Airport, Samut Prakarn
- Don Muang International Airport, Bangkok
- International Airport, Chiangmai
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket
- Hat Yai International Airport, Shongkhla
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong
- Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
- Chiang Saen Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
- Chiang Khong Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
- Betong Immigration Checkpoint, Yala
- Sadao Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint
- Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok
- Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
- Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint, Rayong
- Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
- Samui Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
- Phuket Immigration Checkpoint, Phuket
- Satun Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
- Krabi Immigration Checkpoint, Krabi
- Khuan Don Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
- Tak Bai Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
- Bukit Tal Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
- Songkhla Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Shongkhla
- Chiang Rai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
- Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
- Sattahip Habour Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
- Khlong Yai Immigration Checkpoint, Trat
- Pong Nam Ron Immigration Checkpoint, Chantaburi
- Aranyaprathet Immigration Checkpoint, Sakaeo
- Mukdahan Immigration Checkpoint, Mukdahan
- Tak Immigration Checkpoint, Tak
- Padang Besar Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Su-Ngai Kolok Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
- Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
- Bueng Kan Immigration Checkpoint, Bueng Kan
- Phibun Mangsahan Immigration Checkpoint, Ubon Ratchathani
- Tha Li Immigration Checkpoint, Loei
- Nakhon Phanom Immigration Checkpoint, Nakhon Phanom
- Nan Immigration Checkpoint, Nan
- Ban Prakob Immigration Checkpoint, Songkla
For further information regarding Thailand Visa please visit the following government websites:
Became an ASCO partner