Last update March 2020
in relation to the Novel Corona Virus COVID-19 emergency and for information and official updates on traveling abroad, please consult the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/
What is reported here is purely for information, we try to keep the information up to date but the visa rules may change without notice. Therefore, in case of doubt, we always recommend consulting the official website of the Vietnamese Foreign Ministry. In any case, we remain at your disposal for any further clarifications.
Depending on passport ownership and time spent in Vietnam for tourism purposes, there are two options available:
- Visa exemption
- Tourist Visa
- 90 days of stay in Vietnam are granted to holders of the following passports: Chile;
- 30 days of stay in Vietnam are granted to holders of the following passports: Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos, Kyrgyzstan;
- 15 days of stay in Vietnam are granted to holders of the following passports: South Korea, Japan, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Italy, England, France, Germany, Spain, Belarus;
- 14 days of stay in Vietnam are granted to holders of the following passports: Brunei, Myanmar
Visa exemption validity
The exemptions listed above for Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Japan, South Korea and Russia are valid until 31 December 2019;
The exemptions listed above for the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain and Italy are valid until 30 June 2021;
All nationalities traveling directly to Phu Quoc can visit the island for 30 days without a Visa. To do this you will need to show a ticket on arrival in Vietnam.
Important note for Phu Quoc island
A) ONLY STAY IN PHU QUOC:
Foreign citizens who arrive and depart directly from Phu Quoc can stay on the island for up to 30 days without the need for a visa. In this case, an air ticket is required to enter and leave Vietnam.
B) STAY IN PHU QUOC AND THEN REST OF THE COUNTRY
For example, those who have an exemption for 15 days for countries such as ITALY, GERMANY, can request a 15-day visa valid for all Vietnam upon arrival in Phu Quoc (however, the authorities must be requested since they take the 30-day visa only for Phu Quoc ).
Visa online Vietnam (e-Visa)
The e-Visa requires three working days to be processed, has a cost of 25 USD and allows a maximum stay of 30 days (single entry).
Entering in Vietnam with e-Visa is allowed at one of the country's eight international airports, including Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, as well as 14 land border points and seven seaports.
The e-Visa Vietnam is available for citizens of the following 46 countries: Azerbaijan, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Bielorussa, Bulgaria, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Cezch Repubblic, Cuba, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Luxemburg, Myanmar, Mongolia, Holland, New Zeland, Norvegia, Panama, Peru, Poland, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Timor Est, Uruguay, UAB, England, USA, Venezuela.
The required documents for Vietnam e-Visa:
- A passport size photo dim. 4 × 6 cm in .jpg format with white background, without glasses;
- A photo in .jpg format of the passport data page;
- Passport with residual validity of at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam;
- Address provided during the stay in Vietnam;
- Indicate the entry and exit points;
- Credit card (or Debit Card enabled for online payment).
Procedure for obtaining e-Visa:
The passport holder will:
- Fill in all the required fields on the Request Form;
- Upload a .jpg copy of the passport and passport format photo (the page with personal data);
- Pay the expected fee (25 USD);
- Send receipt of payment confirmation by email.
If the request has been accepted, you will receive an Approval Letter by email within 2-3 days;
- Use the document code to track your Visa online.
- Download and print the e-Visa (two copies for greater security).
Upon arrival at the airport, travelers with e-Visa can go directly to the Immigration counters (they do not have to queue for visa counters on International Arrivals) showing the following documents:
- Passport with residual validity of at least 6 months from the date of entry;
- Visa Approval Letter;
- 2 recent passport photos (4 X 6 cm);
- Entry-Exit-and-Exit form
Turistic Visa on arrival at airport (VOA)
If the stay is longer than 15 days and you do not have a Visa issued in advance by the Vietnamese authorities, the Tourist Visa can be issued upon your arrival at the airport - Visa on Arrival, VOA - at the Immigration Office counters.
Below the required documents for obtaining this Visa:
- Passport with residual validity of at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam
- A passport size photo dim. 4 × 6cm. with white background and without glasses;
- Request Form completed in all its fields;
- Payment of USD 25 for single entry, USD 50 for multiple entries and USD 80 for entry from Laos and / or Cambodia by land (to be paid to Asco staff).
The VOA at the airport is granted only if:
- there isn't Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin;
- it is an emergency entrance, due to humanitarian reasons and technical missions;
- the Visa is required by a Vietnamese travel agency accredited by local authorities, with a special procedure.
With regard to the last point, Asco can carry out the procedure in collaboration with the Tour Operator, as described below
Communications between the Tour Operator (TO) and Asco International (AI)
TO must send to AI all customer details 7 (seven) working days before their arrival. LAST MINUTE (in 3 working days) is also possible with a cost of 55 USD for “URGENT CODES”.
- Full name (Surname - Name)
- Gender (Male - Female)
- Date of birth (Day - Month - Year)
- Passport number
- Passport issue date (Day - Month - Year)
- Passport expiration date (Day - Month - Year)
IMPORTANT: passport must be valid for at least six (6) months
AI must send the Inviation Letter to the TO within 3 days before the departure of customers from Italy:
Note: If the latter is not clearly received for shipping reasons, it can be requested from the Vietnamese embassy at no cost.
Procedures inside the airport
Once they arrive at the airport, travelers have to go to IMMIGRATION / VISA OFFICE and show to the Vietnamese authorities:
- Invitation Letter
- Visa application form (with a photo applied above - glued or stapled)
- Paid a sum of USD 25.00
- The customer have to wait until the passport stamped with the entry stamp is returned to him
- Once the first check has passed, customers must collect their baggage and go to the baggage check (CUSTOMS)
- Customers will have to pick up their luggage and head towards to the exit where the AI staff will wait for them.
Important Note: The visa on arrival for Vietnam can only be obtained on arrival at the airports of Saigon (SGN), Danang (DAD) and Hanoi (HAN).
For all other borders (by land and / or by river) the visa must be made in Europe or in the capitals of neighboring countries (Vientiane for Laos, Phnom Penh for Cambodia and Bangkok for Thailand). It will cost 25 USD of Visa + 50 USD for quick procedures at the Vietnamese embassy. Total amount must be paid to the staff AI on site
► For more information regarding Vietnam e-Visa please visit click here
Became an ASCO partner